Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Update!

1st semester....GONE! Woohoooo!
I am so happy. Halfway there. I seriously don't think anyone has ever been so excited to graduate high school as I am. I am beyond ecstatic! OH, I can't wait to get to the end and scream at the top of my lungs, "I have fought the good fight, I have FINISHED the race!!!!" So excited. Taking it day by day though. Trusting God with every morning. Exactly 100 more school days until graduation! Let's do this! :)




Nursing is going good. With the new semester comes new challenges. I really have to get serious now. All the girls who were not really serious are dropping this week. I'm kind of excited. It's really going to help having some breathing room. We had 26 girls crammed into a room for like 15! Elbow to elbow....every day. You feel like strangling people by the end. It's insane. But now that only the girls who mean business are left, I'm really going to have to step up my game. I've been doing good, but I know not putting in extra time and effort. Just enough to get by with a good grade. But I'm excited for the competition. I do really well when I am "fighting" against others.

 I'm actually getting more excited about being a nurse as time goes by. At first, I was in it just for the heck of it. But now I know, I actually want to be here. Today we were practicing newborn assessments. Oh, how my heart melted as I was reading and seeing all the pictures. I seriously love children so much, especially babies. I know that is exactly what I want to specialize in. Pedes. I feel such a calling to really fight for those sweet and helpless little ones... it reminds me of how Jesus fights for me and cares for me: when I am absolutely helpless and can do nothing for myself. Ahhh! I can't wait!!



On another note...
Libby is almost done with chemo!! So proud of her, and oh, I just admire her and Justin more than I can even express! They are such examples. Thank you all for your prayers and support. So thankful. Can't wait for her to finish this out...it's been a long, hard, and painful run. But she has remained so faithful to the Lord throughout it all. Keep praying!


Love you all so much. Thanks for reading my ramblings on here. Seriously. Writing is such a stress reliever for me, and I am so thankful that others actually read it =) It is always my hope and prayer that the words that I write on here would bring glory to God and that you would come to see how awesome and mighty He is through my simple words.
Praying for all of you! Really I do. I look at my Feedjit or whatever it is on the bottom of my blog and pray over my readers. Hope you feel it!

God bless! Go forward in the grace of our Savior...and lift your eyes to Him!!

1 comment:

moms said...

Love reading your posts! Thanks for your example of love and passion for the Lord and others. So proud of you.