Friday, January 21, 2011

"...but be filled with the Holy Spirit."

Hello my dear readers! Forgive me for not postin gin so long!

Ahh, what a week it has been! Crazy. The 1st semester is ending this week, and so of course, that means finals. Bleh. But thankfully, I only have to take my Trig final, and a Nutrition final on Wednesday. That is such a blessing. I can't believe I am half0way done! I will NEVER have to endure another first semester of high-school again....praise GOD! haha call me strange, but high-school is definitely not my thing.

So yeah, it was an intense week. Very stressful, and kinda sad, to be quite honest. It's been a season of real spiritual dryness for me, and that has made everything alot more difficult. School often keeps me away from friends and any kind of social life too, so it was rough to say the least.I was really depressed Monday and Tuesday... but Wednesday night, we had a prayer meeting at our church after 3 days of fasting and crying out to God as a community, and friends, He definitely broke in and answered our cries. The Spirit was present, and for our church, I can say it was one of the most refreshing times we have experienced in a long while.

So after thinking about it, I really felt the Lord calling me to a weekend fast ( i didn't participate in the one with our church). I have never done it before, so it's been difficult. But it has amazed me how JOYFUL i have felt all day!! Like I expected to be tired and grumpy because of not getting any energy from food etc, but it has been just the opposite! I have felt invigorated, happy, and just so hopeful the entire day! THAT is what it feels like to be filled (literally!) with the Spirit! It is amazing.
So i am praying that He will continue to speak to me and show me the way as I keep seeking Him. His word says to draw near to Him, and He will draw near to me. And it is the best place I can be in...desperate for my Savior. He alone is filling me up and sustaining me.

Look to Him to fill you up, dear friend. He truly is all sustaining. Your weakness is His strength! Trust Him. Through yourself into Him and to know Him better. He will never fail you.

Lift Your Eyes!

No comments: