Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sing Mary Sing!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Weekends can be a little crazy! :)


Well, as you can hear, I really love this song by Jennifer Knapp called "Sing Mary Sing." My mom and I were both commenting on how it's usually the simple songs that have the most power and meaning. This song seems to really capture the true, humble disposition of Mary. I was reading in Luke a few days ago, and as I was making my way through, I continued to think about her as a real person, verses just thinking of her as a natural "term" if you will. Whenever I read about her specifically or even watch Christmas movies like the Nativity, I am always drawn to that darling girl. In my devotions, I prayed that God would make me like Mary. How I long to have an innocent, child-like faith in the One God I love. Mary couldn't do anything but trust God. Everything she had ever known and loved was laid on the line with the news that she was to be the mother of Jesus.

I find in seasons of life like I'm in right now, I feel utterly desperate for Christ's nearness. I know that without him , there would be absolutely no hope. Mary must have felt the same at times.

But committing myself to the plan of the Lord and giving my entire being to him is my way of demonstrating my trust in him and my faith in believing that he has a plan for me.

So anyway, be encouraged that no matter how bad your day seems to go, or even when things are going wonderful, that we still need the Lord throughout it all. He is there for us guys, and he loves to hear us talk to him. I don't think there is a better thing in this world than knowing you are exactly where you need to be....walking hand in hand with the Savior of the World. So be encouraged in his goodness this day!

I love you all!


Hannah

No comments: