Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas is a comin'!

Hello Everyone,
Well, as you can probably hear, I am sooo excited about Christmas! I think we have what...17 more days to wait? Yippee!!
Yet dispite all my excitement, my heart can tend to go out to those who might be hurting during this time of joy. Even remembering the Vergara family and others who have lost loved ones this year. My bus driver actually lost her youngest sister this past November. Being the oldest and seeing your younger siblings go first can be quite awful. Yet the Lord remains faithful and we can only pray that the Lord will heal their hurt over time.
So lets do that this year ok? You all can keep me accountable alright?I know I can really be tempted to be selfish regarding the way I want my holiday to be, right down to the last detail...but I know the Lord doesn't want me to be that way . I really do want to grow in the art of seeing those on the fringe and who might be very lonely...especially during the holidays.
Oh yeah! Random moment I know...but I have some great news! This past week, I auditioned for All-City orchestra. I thought I did quite awful, but the Lord had other plans...I made it in! I am THRILLED to have this wonderful opportunity! Our concert is going to be January 10th,at Great Bridge. I'm not positive about the time, but I will let you all know when I can. And speaking of concerts, our Christmas Concert is going to be on the 16 of December. This is going to be cool too because we get to play with the band. And once again, I'm not positive, but I think it starts at 7:30. All the concerts are free, so invite people if you want!

All right all, well I have...no...GET to go do Chemistry now....haha yeah right!


Love you guys and hope you have a wonderful evening. Stay warm and Merry-Almost-Christmas!

These pictures are from my past concert. Just try to imagine that Izzy wasn't diggin for gold at that exact moment! :)

4 comments:

Janelle Shank said...

how exciting about your concert! wish i could be there!

Austin Wynsma said...

hi hannah i finally got a chance to check out your blog and its really cool! im so glad the Lord is useing you in so many ways! our family prays for you all the time and will continue to..hope to see you soon, Merry Christmas

Hannah Leilani said...

Hooray! So glad you found it:)
How have you been? Basketball going good? Its been weird for me not playing this year...but the Lord has other things in mind for me:) Thank you all so much for praying for me. It really means so much!
Give everyone my love!
(Especially that adorable brother of yours;>)

Austin Wynsma said...

hey..sorry it took so long 2 reply, ive been good thanks..how have u been? yeah basketball is goin great we have a pretty good team and i really like the guys on my team 2..ofcorse not as much as the guys on your team but ill have 2 wait 4 that lol but "all in the lords time" thats what i keep telling myself..landon says hi:)