Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Finally Here!

Hey Everybody!
I am so sorry I haven't posted in so long. I have been so busy! But praise the Lord....today was the last day of school for Christmas's break. I have never been so happy to get out! Our Chamber orchestra got to walk across the street today to play Christmas music for the little 5th graders at the intermediate school. They were so cute! We also performed for Channel 3 (I think it's WTKR) last night, and were on live TV. That was a first:) They're going to be airing it on Christmas Day between 5 and 6:30 pm if you guys want to tune in.
As Christmas has been approaching, it's been interesting to see how other kids my age look forward to the holidays and how they celebrate them. The one thing that drives me crazy is the way no one ever says 'Merry Christmas' but the ol' 'Happy Holidays.' I've been trying to say Merry Christmas as much as I can to try to send some sort of message that the reason for celebrating is all because of Christ.
I made over 90 cookies over the weekend to give away today. I think my teachers were a bit surprised that someone was thinking of them during Christmas. I believe that that were blessed. And who knows? Maybe God will use that to spark some sort of interest in the joy of Christ.

Well, the pictures are from my Christmas concert this month. It was lots of fun. We played the coolest song from the battle scene in Gladiator. Neat stuff!
We are having the Battons over tonight for Christmas Eve-Eve. Yippee! We are also going to get our "New Years" pictures taken. I think we have only successfully given out Christmas pictures one year:)
I probably won't post between now and Christmas, so I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day enjoying your family and remembering our Savior's birth.
Merry Christmas!

Love,
Hannah












No comments: