Sunday, November 27, 2011

growing up.

What a whirl of life it's been lately! I cannot describe how busy I am these days. I love and hate it all at the same time. I like being busy all the time because it has really forced me to make better use of my time and manage it well, but on the other hand I just don't have any time for like hanging out or having a whole lot of fun. I wake up early, work out, go to school, come home for 30 minutes, then go to work until sometimes 11 at night. Its really insane. But hey, it's all apart of growing up I guess.

Growing  up...

Been having to do alot of that recently. Just things that are popping up in my life that are forvcing me to face the fact that yes, my time here in my parents home is not going to probably last much longer, and sooner or later, whether I like it or not, I am going to have to be on my own soon. It's so exciting. But I am scared out of my mind. Just talk of college, my own house, my own schedule, my own family...that is about to stop being just talk. I have been telling my family for awhile now that I really and truly am planning on leaving Chesapeake after April. Not because I don't love ny family. Believe me, I am the most home-loving, familky-loving, Daddy's girl kinda person. I love home. But I have been so restless here. So eager to get out and start doing things outside of this small city of Chesapeake. I am ready for new landscapes, new people, new relationships, new environments...again, part of growing up. I never thought the words, "I just want to get out of here!!" would ever cross my lips. But they have. Many times.

I am so eager for anything that God may have for me. Even if it is here in Chesapeake. If he called me to stay here for forever, I would. BUT I have a feeling He has some amazing things for this girl to see. I am praying big. Like HUGE. Like Lord send me to Africa and Europe and the West Coast and just ANYWHERE. Life is such an adventure, and I am more than ready to get going. In this season of just being a young, passionate, energetic and single girl...I know there is SO much I can do for God right now. Things that I just won't be able to do once I am settled in a carreer, get married, and have a family (if that's the Lord's will). I just want to do big things for Jesus. That's all that matters to me. To see His kingdom come and His Gospel preached to all. the. nations.

Please keep praying for me! I am desperate for Jesus right now. I so am in need of direction and guidance because I seriously have no idea what I am supposed to do anymore. I have tried to figure it out, believe me. But once again, I got nothin'. But that's okay. He knows. He has a plan. He is leadin me. And He loves me.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!

p.s. For Thanksgiving, me and my family got to go to the farm!! My dad and I got ot go hunting for most of the trip. He got a buck, and I didin't get anything :( Oh well. Next time! How I have missed that place. Every time I go up there, I fall in love with it all over again. I just know that the country life is for me. I feel so close to God walking through those hay fields, surrounded by mountains, animals, long winding roads, farms and beautiful rolling hills. My sister Naomi said I was talking in my sleep the other night, and all I was talking about was how I just was praying for God to bring me a country boy who would love me with all his heart and who would love God. Then he would take me home to our huge farm out in the country with a huge white house and big red barn, and I would be so happy. Hahaha our dreams sure do say alot! We will see what God has. :))

3 comments:

Deyanira said...

Hi Hannah:) I know you said your looking for some sort of guidence from the Lord. As young adults the first thing we want to do is just leave home and get out there and explore, but trust me take the transition slow because for dady's girls like us once we're on our own it's a challenge; however, I do encourage you to just run with it if it is the Lord who tells you to go. When it's God, you feel a peace to go:) Here are some scriptures to help:

(Isaiah 55:8) "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
(Jeremiah 29:11) For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(Matthew 11:28) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
(Romans 12:2) Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
God Bless!

Hannah Leilani said...

Deyanira...
Oh my goodness, you and your comment are a DIRECT answer to prayer. I was literally at work not 7 hours ago, and was feeling just so stressed and so discouraged about alot of things, but some of it was stressing about just what the Lord wants me to do. I literally opened my mouth and said out loud,"Lord, I need encouragement. Just some encouragement." This is the second time I have prayed that and He has answered so quickly.. So THANK YOU for sharing that with me!! I will take everything you said to heart!

God Bless You friend :)
~Hannah

Unknown said...

Hey girl!

Just came across your blog and...so far, I love it!! Keep up the great work! I LOVED this post too!!

Blessings,
~Miss Raquel @ God's Daughter

www.God-sDaughter.blogspot.com