Monday, August 29, 2011

"Lord, please help me help my stupid self!"

I did it! I survived the first week of Nursing! :)
So, I don't know if y'all have been praying or something, but I've got to say that so far, things have been going WONDERFULLY! I absolutely love being back in the swing of school, the routine of studying, and just getting closer and closer to April 19th with each passing day!
It is SO much better than last year, I cannot stress it enough. Everyone there wants to be there, wants to learn, and we all get along great. It has turned into a big nursing family honestly. God is so faithful! He hears and answers prayers!

I am still really feeling the effects of Lyme's. Funny how once you know you have something like a sickness etc, you realize how much it is really affecting you! I have been trying super duper hard to follow Doc's orders and cut out all gluten(really all carbs actually) dairy, and sugar. MAN is it hard not to grumble! haha
But no, I think once I do some more research and start finding all the things I can eat, it won't be as difficult. But yeah, I feel for my family. They are so sweet and are trying to support me as much as they can by eating what I do....but I wouldn't expect that of anyone ;)
So yes, please continue to pray for my body to just heal and start working again so I can feel some energy like I know 18 year olds are supposed to have! :-)

Hurricane Irene hit the East Coast this past weekend as I'm sure you all know. We actually evacuated because in the past, our area has gotten alot alot alot of damage from other hurricanes, and so my dad just wanted us to be safe. We went back up to Bluemont Virginia (where I spent the month on the farm!) so it was good to be back so soon, even if it was only for a weekend.
One encouraging little story...

So yeah. We all have that ONE thing that we struggle with in our lives where no matter how many times you mess up and try to change, or how many painful lessons you have to learn...you just CAN'T seem to get the idea that maybe it would be good to shape up a bit and not do that thing?!Let me just say...the Lord is keeping me pretty darn humble. So I am seriously the most forgetful person I know. I literally do not know why this is, or what goes on in my brain, but I make the dumbest mistakes sometimes and I tend to forget things like...alot.
Carelessness. Yep. That's my thing.
I feel like I can never escape it! It happens to me all. the. time. no matter how many times I mess up and pray God would change me and magically make me careFUL, I always end up right back where I was.
And, surprise surprise, Hannah needs a humility check. Among other things that very same weekend, I decide it would be a genius idea to leave all my nursing books at our friend's house! Oh yeah, and not realize it until an hour into the trip! Smooth I know. You wish you could be that retarded!
My family was none to pleased with me to say the least, and let me tell you I felt like the idiot of the century the entire trip.
But God's hand was in all of it.

Backtrack a second...
So we left Chesapeake Friday afternoon, planning to stay until Sunday, which is when we hoped the storm would be over and we could return. WELL! About two hours away from our destination, yours truly decides that she would forget her purse on the outside patio table at the Chick Fil A. And drive away. And not even know she forgot it until a Chick Fil A employee calls an hour later, informing her.
*Forehead smack*
AND since Chick Fil A is not open on Sunday, this girl was looking at not being able to return Sunday, therefore having to miss pretty much an entire day of nursing on Monday (which is literally like missing a week of high school-no joke.) Gaaaaaahh! I was freaking out as you can imagine. I tend to do that. But as I was really panicking, I remembered some encouragement my friend had given me the other day about  going with things, and not getting so hyped up about everything. God has it under control! Okay, so I have no control over the fact that I left my purse, or that Chick Fil A isn't open when I NEED them to be, or that I am going to miss a ton of school. I can't control those things! But that's okay. I gotta learn, as my friend says, to just not give a crap sometimes haha and just let the Lord do His thing!

Well let me tell you, God did His thing! Not two minutes after saying a quiet prayer to the Lord, confessing my anxiety, and letting Him know I was going to trust Him, the phone rang and it was the Chick Fil A owner, saying that they did indeed have my purse, and that they had just lost their home power, so they were at the restaurant, and wanted me to know they would be here to give me my purse at my convenience!!

 Yeah. I wanted to cry.

So back to the original timeline, wherever that was. Oh yes, I had forgotten my BOOKS and we had been on the car about 2 hours longer than planned. Turned out, we finally made it to a meeting point where this sweet Chick Fil A owner actually met us and delivered my purse to me. Such a sweet lady. I was so humbled by God's kindness to me, even in the midst of feeling so dumb. Even in my biggest struggle of being careFUL, He is there to show me how much He loves me, and that He is indeed walking this road out with me. So encouraging!!

Anyways, that's my weekend :) I just got home, and am debating on whether or not I should take a nap or workout first. I'm thinking the nap...it's really dark and stormy looking! Perfect snooze weather.

God bless you all! Thanks again for reading my little ramblings. Praying for you!

No comments: