Monday, April 11, 2011

i should be in bed...

yes. im exhausted and should be asleep. it's almost 11, which is actually super late for me. hahah i am such a wimp when it comes to staying up late! but yeah, it was a hard monday. and tomorrow i get to get up at 5 and do it all again! oh joy.

but no, i wanted to post because i don't know, it's these late night moments with just me and Jesus that are so dear to me. i finally decided that the nursing had to be done for the night. all my family is asleep, and no, i'm not staying up to read my Bible or listen to a message ;) I'm here listening to "Red Dirt Road" by Brooks and Dunn. one of my newest country favorites.
I really can't explain how music just speaks to me and how the Lord just encourages me through it. Yes-- even country music makes me think of Him : ) I don't know, maybe it's just because it's the epitome of my dream...to grow up, marry a farm boy, have ten or so kids, have a farm with animals and enormous vegetable gardens, long walks at sunset, blissful summers, and lots of laughter, music and sunshine. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's honestly what I'm holding onto these days. that Jesus knows my desires. My silly dreams. And that yes, He wants me to be happy. He wants me to be free in him, just like how the country songs talk about like speeding down a dirt road with the windows down, your hair blowing in the wind, and the sun shining. you are free. happy. content. peaceful...peacefully in love with Jesus. yeah, that's what i want.
so whether or not my dreams come true, I'm gonna keep hoping. I'm gonna keep going. Believe me, i don't want to. at all.
but i'm not God. and i have to be okay with that. He has a plan and a purpose in store for me that is going to just blow my mind! I can't even begin to imagine His heart for me and how much he loves me and wants me to be happy. and the same goes for you, my dear readers!

so I'm gonna keep going. keep living. keep praying and hoping. and ill keep listening to my country music. because the truth is.... i am free like the songs say.





1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hi Hannah, your blog has been listed at www.youngchristianbloggers.blogspot.com :)