Saturday, April 30, 2011

hope.

Friends! Oh how I have missed blogging!


As always, my only excuse is oh yeah, did I mention I am GRADUATING in less than 6 weeks?! : D It has been a whirlwind of craziness here. Nursing is definitely not getting any easier, however, I love love LOVE it!! And know now that this is what Jesus wants me to do with my life. The pieces are all starting to come together, and I can just feel my heart getting lighter, more free, and even more excited and hopeful for all that God has in store for me. He truly is a God who LOVES to bless His children, and while it is extremely hard to imagine, I know He is even more excited for me to graduate, and to at last see me begin a new journey with all the new things He has waiting for me!


"...the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless!
psalm 84:11


Praise God!


Anyways, i just wanted to leave you all with a little something I have been thinking about recently, in light of all that God is showing me.

I really feel he wants me to encourage y'all never to give up hope. Particularly in a situation that you might think is impossible, or something that remains so dear to your heart, despite people around you saying it will never happen.
Our God is a God who delights, and I repeat delights in giving good things to His children! Even as the flowers are starting to bloom, the trees are filling out with new growth, and that spring scent begins to fill the air, I am reminded of the newness of hope.

You have hope today dear friend, because you have Jesus.

So I encourage you, do not give up! Do not give into the devil's lies that you aren't worth God's blessing, or that your request is impossible for God. Dear friend,  cling to the truth of God's Word:

"...for man, this is impossible. But with God, ALL THINGS are possible!"

i am living proof of this. Jesus did the impossible when He rescued me from my sins and drew me out of the blackness of separation from God.

Friends, that thing that you are thinking of right now...it is possible with Jesus. Believe it. And act upon the promises of God!



spring is here...our beautiful backyard!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi, Hannah - I've been following your blog for a while, and I've been so encouraged. I'm thinking about majoring in nursing as well...I'm a junior in hs, so I still have a year left, but I know it's going to go fast. :) I do have a question though - are you graduating from high school or college? I'm assuming it's college....did you take PSEO classes @ all? Just curious - I have a cousin-in-law that took PSEO classes when she was in hs and got her BSN (I think) by the time she was 20...hope the rest of your 6 weeks goes well! Love in Christ, Rachel

Hannah Leilani said...

Hey Rachel!
Actually no, I am graduating from high school :) I am doing this nursing program through my school at a local Science and Tech center. I will be an LPN at the end of it, and then yes, I will start those college classes to get my BSN. You should go for nursing girly! It is SO worth it!

Thank you for reading my blog! I am always so blessed to hear people are encouraged by it.
Love,
Hannah