Sunday, December 26, 2010

Who Fufills His Purpose for Me...

My dear friend and big brother, Justin Ryder, along with Libby, wrote me a very sweet note for Christmas. They had bought me a journal (which I loved!!) and had written in the front. It was by far the sweetest note I have ever received. They talked about  alot of things, but the one part that I will treasure was the end of Justin's contribution. He said that he has been praying that my time in God's Word would be electric. Consuming.  Exciting.

And friends, God is answering that prayer! I am so excited to dive into the Word every morning. To think, that I have the very Word of God in my hands. The word of God!!! I get to learn more about Him each and every day, and the supply of things to learn will never ever ever run out! How exciting!

So that being said, with my renewed excitement for reading and studying the Word has come a new and renewed excitement of writing. I told my mom this morning that I literally am always thinking about writing. It just excites me beyond anything I could ever imagine. I feel so full of the Holy Spirit and I just feel I have to share it with the world!

So today I just wanted to share what I read this morning.

"I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills His purpose for me."
Psalm 57:2



ful·fill also ful·fil (fl-fl)
tr.v. ful·filled, ful·fill·ing, ful·fills also ful·fils

1. To bring into actuality; effect: fulfilled their promises.
2. To carry out (an order, for example).
3. To measure up to; satisfy.
4. To bring to an end; complete.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This simple cry of David brought me so much comfort this morning. In the midst of great distress, turmoil, and anxiousness, David leans on the Lord. He openly declares what he knows to be true in his heart of hearts about the Lord, and that is that no matter what the circumstances may be, God is going to fulfill HIS purpose and calling on David's life!! What peace this must have brought the king! To know that he doesn't ever have to worry about anything. He can rest in His Savior to protect Him and sustain Him through it all.

The same can apply to all of us, dear friends!
We can have peace in the truth that God will fulfill, and is already fulfilling His purposes for us! We don't need to worry about making the wrong decisions. We don't have to worry about "messing up" God's plan. We don't have to worry about somehow going the wrong way, or trying to fulfill God's plan for Him.

No. He is fulfilling His perfect, amazing, and completely mind-blowing plan in each of us today.

What an amazing truth! I don't need to ever worry! He will be faithful to me and will bring everything to light in His perfect will and timing.

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:13-14












No comments: