Thursday, March 3, 2011

Heaven.

“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.” -C.S. Lewis

Do you think about Heaven, dear friends? Do you find your thoughts wandering there? Maybe in difficult trials? The days when life just seems impossible to face? Maybe when remembering the death of a loved one? Or what about on the happy days? Do you think about heaven then? I'll be honest...I'm usually so wrapped up in the joys that I'm experiencing in the moment, that the last thing on my mind is leaving them. This shouldn't be the case!

We need to live with Heaven always in the center of our focus! Remembering that we are not going to be on this Earth for forever, we must strive to share the love of Christ with those that are lost! We must feverishly serve one another, living as if today were our last day to show people we cared! How many unkind words do you think would leave your lips if your thoughts were that they might be the last words that person ever heared from you? How different our lives would look!

Now I'm not trying to be like all foreboding and grim, making you think you should always be thinking about dying. No no no. What I am saying though, is that I believe there is so much hope to be found when we look forward to that glorious day when we will no longer be marred by sin, sadness, sickness, or death.

On all days. Not just the sad or difficult ones. Heaven is our home, not Earth. We are merely passing through. We are sojourners in this life. Simple pilgrims making our way to the Celestial City!! And we are getting closer and closer and closer with each passing day!!!!!


Oh what joy this brings to my weary soul!

March 7th is Libby Griswold's heaven birthday. I cannot believe she's been gone 7 years.It still feels like yesterday when we got the call at 5 am saying she had been killed in an accident while her and Mike were driving to Richmond to celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary. I remember going numb. I remember thinking that it might just be a joke or something, thinking that Libby was just pretending to die to see what would happen to her money or something. Just like the mystery books right?

No.

No. Her and her sweet Sam were called home that night. Never again would they know sorrow or pain. Knowing nothing but complete happiness. Utterly content. And face to face with their Savor... Praising Him and worshiping Him for forever and ever and ever.



Jesus, I can't wait to see you. I can't wait to come home. If I had it my way, I would be with you right now. But Father, I will continue to wait. I know you have more work for me to do here on this Earth. Help me to never lose sight of the goal though. I want to live in eager anticipation for those beautiful words that will come from your very lips.....


"Well done, my good and faithful servant... Come and share in your master's happiness."



And Happy Heaven Birthday, sweet Libby. I love you so much and cannot even express how much I miss you. I can't wait to see you again. We will dance for Jesus together.
















No comments: