Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Greater Love

Hello my dear friends! I hope and pray this finds you all doing wonderful! Enjoying this fall weather? I certainly am! Today was our last day of school before a long weekend. I am so excited!!
Being so busy with nursing, it is really hard for me to make time to blog...so this is a special treat for me today!

This post is going to be a thank you.

A thank you to our Heros....our past, present, and future Veterans. We are thinking of you and thanking God for you this Veteran's Day!
I had originally typed up there in the first paragraph, "Thank you Veterans for a day off of school!!"
Now, I could kick myself for even thinking such a thing. Is that all I see ya'll as? As faceless men without names, stories, feelings, hopes or dreams of your own? Have I sunk so low as to say the only thing good you do for me, an 18-year-old senior at Great Bridge Highschool, is to get me a breather in my hectic fall school schedule by giving us a day off school? God forgive me.



United States Veterans: There are no words to express the depth of our gratitude for your faithful, self-less, daily service you give to the people of this country. You are the reason we can sleep safely in our homes. You are the reason we can carry on the unbelievablyfree lifestyles we do. You are the reason we can walk up and down the streets of our towns and cities without fear of being shot in broad daylight. And so many other things.
I cannot imagine the sacrifice of leaving my loved ones to go overseas and fight. I cannot imagine what it feels like to see your best friend die infront of you. I cannot imagine what real fear is. Yet this i do know:

You show us what real courage is.
You show us what real endurance is.
And you show us what real love is.




"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13


You are a breathtaking reflection of God's love for us...and forthat, we will be eternally greatful.








3 comments:

Mary Lynne said...

I'm afraid that a lot of us don't stop to remember the true meaning behind Veteran's Day. Thank you so much for the reminder! It was definitely needed.


In Christ's love
~Mary

Bethany d said...

Thank you for this post! My brother is a Marine and has been gone for over five months - and if I had been reading this yesterday, I would've cried (probably) but since I am reading this today - I am rejoicing - because he came home (yesterday) - to suprise all of us. :)

In Christ,

Bethany

Hannah Leilani said...

Bethany, that is WONDERFUL news! Praise God! I am so so happy for you!