Saturday, October 30, 2010

Believe

Hello friends!
I am still here! forgive me for taking so long to update! It has been a craaaazy long week....nursing is getting tough. I have really had to take a look at how I'm managing my time because life just fills up so fast and before I know it, I'm stressed out, panicking and a freaking grump.

And I wonder why?! I think the answer is pretty straightforward.

I'm not trusting in the Lord.

Now I know that sounds cliche, but think about it. Why do we get stressed? Because we become painfully aware of the fact that we are failing on our own strength. I hate failing. I hate feeling weak. I hate not accomplishing things for myself. But the Lord is opening my eyes I think. He is showing me that I don't have to be weak. I can be strong, successful and peaceful:

If I surrender everything (not just the huge things!!) to Him. My next test. My evening workouts. My attitude towards my sisters. The way I love kids at Young Life. My devotion times. My conversations at church. My future....oh yes..my future especially.
Ever feel like so lonely that you wanna cry? I have been having those moments frequently for some reason. I told Jesus the other night while driving around town on Friday night, by myself, listening to my Country music...

Jesus, I just want to be loved. I just want someone to see me, to tell me I'm the most beautiful girl in the world. To tell me they love me and really mean it. I just want to be loved by that one you have waiting for me Jesus. Why is it taking so long?!

I asked Him to take away my loneliness.

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'

Therefore I, (Hannah Leilani Hulme!) will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Oh friends, the beauty and comfort of resting in the Lord! What can be more glorious? I can't think of too many things!
He is so faithful to us. He sees us as we are trying to make it in this crazy life. He cares about our longings, our desires, our hopes and our dreams. He is here to help us and carry us through the trials that bombard us and the good times that make our hearts just soar.
He has always, is always, and will always be here for us. So call on Him. Be at peace in your spirit. Wait on Him....He will meet you.



"I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27: 13-14











2 comments:

lauren nicole said...

Thank you so much for posting this!
Keep shining for Christ!
Blessings,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah!! I came upon your blog through Lucia's blog. :) Just wanted to let you know that your post really blessed me. I have been so stressed out lately....that gentle reminder was just what I needed!! :)

P.S. I LOVE your header picture!! :)