Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Help Comes From the Lord! :)

So first off, let me just start by saying that the song you are currently listening to has been playing over and over and over again ever since I finally discovered the name of it. I heard it for the first time a few weeks ago on 101.3 while cleaning the floor at work, and I kid you not, I was dancing with that mop! It just...i dunno...makes me so happy for some reason! Haha now I know that it has nothing to do with anything "Godly" but what the heck, I am literally laughing right now as I write this i am so happy. God! You are so good to give me songs that make me just want to dance! I like to imagine that Jesus is singing this song to me! Crazy how even these lyrics can apply to me.... I'm still dealing with  deep, deep hurt and heartache....yet I can roll to my Jesus! Puts a different spin on things, huh? :D


Okay, so thats not really what I was planning on writing this post about, but now that I think about it, it actually ties into what I was planning to share! I have seriously been thinking and praying about what to write, and feel that God has been putting one thing on display for me.

For lack of a better word, I have been feeling just...sad lately. Sad about Libby. Sad about being "stuck" in Chesapeake. Sad about how I seem to always be failing. Sad about not having somebody to love. All these things have just slowely crept in and taken hold of my joy. Why? Why is it SO hard to just chill sometimes? This sadness is so real and so deep, it permenates into everything......


BUT

"...I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God!!"


What things in your life are robbing you of your joy, friends? What tactics is that monster, the devil, using to harrass you? My mom always reminds me that the devil can't take your salvation, but boy, doesn't he just love to make you feel miserable about yourself and your failures, just so he can take away your joy and make you ineffective in sharing the Kingdom of God with others!

You have the power to overcome this enemy. You already have the the victory ...and it is all found in your Jesus.

I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you—the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121: 1-8


The past couple days, I haven't wanted to read my Bible. I haven't wanted to listen to Christian music on the way to and from work. And I most definitely haven't wanted to go out of my way to love or serve others. This is the fruit of me holding onto everything I want, insted of what my Loving Father wants for me.

Let me encourage you dear friends to just let go. Let go of your daily doubt, your constant stress, your anxious thoughts. Those are nothing but tools in the enemy's hands to tear you down.

You have a Helper! You are NOT alone! No matter what you are facing this day, this hour, this very minute....your help is in the Lord! Rest in this truth! Lift Your Eyes to Him! He alone will sustain you and see you through!





And now i go back to dancing to my song :D




Look around your world Pretty Baby

Is it everything you hoped it'd be
The wrong guy

The wrong situation

The right time to roll to Me

Roll to Me

And look into your heart Pretty Baby
Is it aching with some aimless need

Is there something wrong and you can't put your finger on it
Right then

Roll to Me
And I don't think I have ever seen a soul so in despair

So if you want to talk the night through

Guess who will be there


So don't try to deny Pretty Baby

You've been down so long
You can hardly see
When the engines stall and it won't stop raining

It's the right time to
Roll to Me

Roll to Me
Roll to Me





No comments: