Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting Excited About Life!!

Morning friends!
I have a little bit of free time before I go to Libby's to help her set up her kitchen, so I thought I'd take the time to update.
Someone wrote on my Facebook wall the other day. He said something like, "Hey Hannah! Haven't seen you in forever....how is the Lord working in your life?" Haha did not see that one coming! But you know somethin? I really think God was trying to speak to me!
 Like I've shared previously, life has been really hard lately. Been struggling with alot of sadness, lots of anger, and lots of just plain anxiety about the future. Been struggling with the fact that once again, I have to tell my manager that I have to quit working after just one month....because I have to stay focused on nursing. Gaaaaahh!! I swear, if I had a dollar for every time I heard the phrase "to prepare for nursing", I would be a very wealthy 18 year old.
But hahaha like i said, despite these tiny frustrations, God is answering my prayers. I feel real and genuine excitement about where I'm heading for the first time in a long while. I know that all these short term sacrifices seem like enormously important to me, but the truth is, when I look at it as preparing me for helping my husband one day, and setting myself up for what God is going to use me for in the future, it puts a whole new light on things.
So what has God been doing in my life?


He's giving me more hope, more faith, and more joyful anticipation for what He is doing in my life.


I have been seeing His hand in so many areas lately. While all my problems haven't necessarily disappeared, and my heart hasn't exactly been cured of unbelief, I do see my Jesus at work. Even the crazy fact that as I've been just longing more and more for my dream of becoming a farm girl to become a reality, our dear friend, Courtney Byron shows up from Kentucky for a visit, and just inspires me beyond words. She's seriously one of the dearest people in my life, and whenever I would think that my dream couldn't come true, I look at her life.
She was in the middle of a morning biking workout one day about 10 years ago, training for the Olympics, when God spoke to her and said, "This isn't what you're supposed to be doing!" So what did that girl do? She turned that bike around and peddled back to what God had for her. Now she is happily married, lives on a farm, is all into healthy and organic living (like me!), and is the happy mommy of five beautiful country kids! I shared with her my longing to work a farm one day, grow my own food, raise livestock, and have lots of kids myself. She was so encouraging!! It just raised my faith level off the charts.
God is good friends! And THAT is something to be excited about! And I know not all of us are in the season I am with pretty much my whole life in front of me, yet I want to encourage ya'll to be excited about your life! Be excited about what God does on a day-to-day basis for you! Be excited about His loving care and faithfulness towards you that never, ever, ever wains or lessens despite all your failures!
Let your joy about what He is up to just radiate! Let it shine through to your kids, your siblings, your parents, your colleagues, your friends, and all the other shtangers you will come into contact with. You WANT them to ask the question, "Why on earth are you so happy all the time???" Glory be to God!
Well, I sincerely hope this was encouraging. I know it is for me...I have hope again. Thank you for those of you who have been praying for me. Means so much.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!!




"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the
 Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you;
plans to give you a hope and a future! '"

2 comments:

Britton said...

You are a breath of fresh air! I so enjoyed reading your post. You are beautiful both on the inside and outside. Thank you for loving our Lord with all that you have and for shining in HIS word and ways. I'm sorry you are going through some hard times. Lean on Him and He will protect you and guide you. What a friend we have in Jesus ...

All my best,
Britton
"Only God knows how many apples are in each seed."

Hannah Leilani said...

Thank you so so much Miss Britton! Yes, only God sustains us in these times. So comforting to know! Thank you for reminding me. God bless your day! :D