Sunday, June 27, 2010

A thought for our week....




Happy Sunday friends!


Well, as far as thinking of something deep and intellectual to share for this week, I got nothin'! :)


However, I am reminded that simple truths are often way more profitable to dwell on. So I want to encourage you on one thing for this week. I want to challenge each and everyone of you to think on this, to dwell on it, and to let it be your driving force, the one thing you strive after and ask God for...




Rest in Him.




I'm sure for many of us, this is easier said than done. For me especially, resting in the Lord is such a struggle. I am the kind of person that always feels the need to be doing something profitable. It is very difficult for me to admit that I am indeed a mere human and that I do need rest!Even these few weeks of summer have been hard for me because I am not at all used to the concept that I don't have any deadlines or things pressing so hard for my every moment. So God has been speaking to me about this.


Be encouraged dear friends. There is rest to be found for you! Will you surrender? Will you acknowledge that your weakness is His strength? Will you be at peace? Give yourselves permission to be refreshed this week. You will see such a difference I promise.


So stop and rest in Him this week!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got to catch up on your blogs for this month and I just have to tell you how much they encouraged me!! I could so totally relate to each one. Thank you friend! Love ya :)