Sunday, June 13, 2010

So what does it really mean....this thing called "Endurance"?

Hello friends!

Well, its around 9:30 pm on a lovely Sunday night, the 13th of June, to be exact. I am listening to Brandi Carlile (my new favorite artist) and am in deep thought.

Tomorrow is my last Monday morning as a Junior in high school....wow!! Can't honestly say that the time flew by, but now that it's finally here, I can't help but chuckle. Monday mornings.....ugggggghhhhhh!!!! I don't know about you, but those are the worst mornings for me. Actually, I think the Sunday nights are the worst, because all I can do is dread the upcoming morning.

Yet God is so faithful, and really has been showing me something:


E-N-D-U-R-A-N-C-E

Yes, oh that lovely little word. Why oh why reveal this Jesus? I mean geeesh! Can't you just give me something EASY to work on?! Endurance! C'mon!

But as He always does, God always gets His way with me despite my grumblings and childish questioning.

So friends, needless to say, God HAS been teaching me so much about enduring. Here I am, needing to endure one last Monday morning. Here I am , needing to endure one final week of school. Here I am, needing to endure the trials and struggles that never fail to present themselves to me. Here I am, needing to endure the pain of waiting for the ONE boy the Lord has waiting for me.

And here I am, standing with arms wide open, waiting for my Savior's strength to just overflow and spill out on His servant; I stand on my tip-toes to see the mere edges of His ways. For none of us can see or even imagine what our Loving Father is doing behind the scenes in our everyday lives. We cannot even comprehend the gifts He is storing up for us.

I felt so strongly that I was to share this with y'all. Be encouraged in our mighty Savior. He is right next to you, whispering in your ear, coaching you on. He is calling us to endure in whatever your season of life may be. Maybe you moms are just so weary form your sweet little ones never falling asleep. Maybe you young men are fed up with being in the same boring place for so long. Maybe you Dads are needing to be encouraged to keep providing for your family. Perhaps you are waiting on the Lord for something, like healing or an answer to a prayer? Or maybe you single guys and gals are just plain discouraged because you are tired of waiting for God to bring you that one special person. Whatever your struggles may be, just remember that our Father has not given us anything we cannot bear, and that His strength is made perfect in our weakness!! And no matter how hard the race course, HE WILL NEVER ABANDON US!!!! He has not, and will not ever leave or forsake us.

So lift your eyes!!


Pressing Onward,
Hannah




No comments: