Tuesday, January 10, 2012

meant to live...not exist.

"I want to live so FULLY in the Spirit that all my thought may be as sweet incense ascending to Thee and every act of my life may be an act of worship!"

-A.W. Tozer


I went to an unexpected funeral this weekend...a very, very dear friend, my "Uncle" Charlie, went to be with the Lord. He and his family own the farm that I went and worked on this past summer. Anyways, just like always, funerals got me thinking.Thinkin about life, thinking about what I want my legacy to be when I go. Not ot sound morbid or whatever, but I don't think it's ever too early to think about dying and going to be with the Lord. I have no idea how much time the Lord has given me to be on this earth. But I do know one thing: I want to live every single moment He does give me to the fullest. Life is too short to waste. To valuable to live without Jesus. Too precious to just blow through without considering all the people around you. Never underestimate the power of a kind word, a hopeful comment, or a smile you give to someone passing by. You never know. That could very well be the only chance you get to show Jesus' heart to them. Remember who you are-- You are a child of God, an ambassador for Christ, and a herald for the Kingdom to Come.
So just chew on that for a bit :) hehe

Live every moment for Jesus. Act like it depends on you. Pray like it depends on God. And just shine. Shine for Christ. I am praying He helps me to do the same. Praying for you all, love you, and hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!
 
 
 
Some pictures i took this weekend...
 
 












 drivin' home...












and finally home in chesapeake.

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." -Jack London






No comments: