Monday, February 14, 2011

My Funny Little Valentine...

:::sigh::: I did it. I survived another Valentines. Haha school was a bit depressing to say the least. Balloons, flowers, candy, cards...and I mean, like I wasn't expecting any honestly. I swear we should change the name to something like "Single Awareness Day!" Just kidding.

But seriously, days like today are hard for some reason. Hard because you expect and hope for things...things that aren't at all bad, but that just aren't meant for you in this particular season, ya know? Like I have no doubt that there are many happy Valentines Days in store for me, days that I'm going to do everything I want, making it all special for whoever my boy is, and tangibly showing him how much I love him. I can't wait to surprise him with balloons in his car, make him a cd with all our favorite love songs, of course decorate his office with hearts and candy (all that good ol' cheesy stuff ;] ) and finally having him come home to a beautiful dinner with candles, music...the whole nine yards!

Ahhh yes, that is the desire of my heart. And i believe it's on its way...right Jesus?? please??? :)

But I'm gonna live in today. And today, it is simply gorgeous here in Chesapeake. 68, breezy, and sunny. So, my running shoes are beckoning me! and of course, so is nursing and all my other delightful responsibilities. It's shapin up to be just another Monday night. and i'm okay with that i guess.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever!!!" Psalm 107:1


4 comments:

Moriah Simonowich said...

Hey, Hannah!

Yep, that's right, God will bless you with many Happy Valentine's when your Prince comes. *wink*

I love your blog design, btw! :)

{hugs}

<3 Moriah

Kristen said...

Girl, I completely understand how you feel, I'm right there with ya!

Rebekah said...

That is so right Hannah! Just think...there are so many girls out there who are giving away little pieces of their hearts to whoever comes into their life, but it will be so precious when you are able to look your Prince Charming in the eye and honestly say "I saved it just for you...my heart is all yours" It will make those Valentines days all the sweeter :) Keep shining for the Lord!

Love in Christ,
Rebekah

Natalie said...

I'm sure there will be many perfect Valentines day in the future for you! Awesome post!

P.S. Stumbled on your blog, and have enjoyed reading all the encouraging and inspirational posts!