Sunday, September 12, 2010

This is Where the Healing Begins...

Rainy Sundays.....how I love you.
Rain gets me thinking alot. Just the concept I guess. When it rains, it's like there is a new start, a new beginning. Its a reminder that no matter what, God is still faithful. I was kind of a dork and actually looked up a definition of rain. It made me smile.

great number or flow: a great number of small individual things coming in a steady flow or anything else flowing or falling like rain

God's love, His goodness, His mercy, and His faithfulness-They cover us in a steady flow, a constant downpour, an overwhelming deluge! What a God! Dear friends, I pray you come to know this wonderful Savior. "He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills." I don't know about you, but I find great comfort in the fact that the God I love and serve cares about even the rain.


Do you need rain today, dear friend? Are you thirsty and parched? I know I was struggling for a long time with feeling distant from God, and didn't even believe He could or even wanted to send me rain. But HE DOES! Don't be afraid to just ask Him to pour down His blessings and His mercies upon you today! He is waiting for you!


Looks like tonight, the sky is heavy
Feels like the winds are gonna change
Beneath my feet, the earth is ready
I know its time for heaven's rain, it's gonna rain
Yeah, yeah

Cos it's living water we desire
To flood our hearts with holy fire

Rain down all around the world we're singing
Rain down can you hear the earth is singing
Rain down my heart is dry but still I'm singing
Rain down, rain it down on me.


Back to the start, my heart is heavy
Feels like it's time, to dream again
I see the clouds, and yes I'm ready
To dance upon this barren land
Hope in my hands
Yeah,yeah

Give me strength to cross this water
Keep my feet don’t let me falter


Rain down
Do not shut the heavens
But open up our hearts, open up our hearts




 




1 comment:

Mom said...

Hannah....how come I'm so blessed? How come I love you so much?! You are a gift from the Lord to me and your Dad. I love to read your posts bc I get a glimpse of your love for Jesus and people. I truly feel privileged to call you my daughter. Keep writing. Keep loving.