Monday, September 6, 2010

Here we go!

Here we are! Tomorrow I go back to work! My mission field, my school, my calling.
I am SO excited to jump back in and see all that my wonderful Savior has in store for me! As I was driving to the store today, I was just praying, asking God to give me a verse for my senior year, and this one came to mind- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race...
This year marks the end of my mission at Great Bridge High school. God chose me, drew me, called me, and sent me into that place sophomore year because He had a plan and a purpose in store for me. I confess at times, I questioned, "Why me, Lord?" Yet now I see the glorious calling He has indeed placed on my life. I am an evangelist! I was made to share the Gospel! Praise be to God!
And I get one more wonderful, exciting, grace-filled year to do the work He has for me.
Pray for me friends! Even as I write, I feel tired, already stressed about the major workload, and yes...the anxiety of all the embarrassment I know I am going to be feeling when I get on that bus because my car caught fire and I just don't have the money for a new one right now. Ahhh well....what are cars and stress and schoolwork to God? I've decided I'm just gonna laugh about the whole car thing when all my friends ask. I've heard laughing at yourself makes things a lot lighter. He made these things for goodness sakes. He ordained them and strategically placed them in my life to cause me to trust Him. It's so hard to trust Him. I'm very bad at that. Yet I have to cling to that promise that  "I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living..." Let it be Lord! Let it be.

Here is that beautiful passage He gave me in answer to my prayer...

"Preach the Word!  Be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith!!! Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. "
2 Timothy 4:1-8


So here's to one more year!! Let Your Kingdom come, O God!
Father, help me to go forward tomorrow and for the rest of my life, always living in hopeful and joyful anticipation for those beautiful words you are going to say to me one day...



'Well done, my good and faithful servant! Come and share your master's happiness!'




1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are the answer to someone's prayer. I love you.