Friday, June 19, 2009

New Beginings...

Hello everybody!
At the encouragement of one of my dear friends, I've decided to start blogging again. :)
Over the school year, I used this as a means of filling you all in with details and stories about how Great Bridge was going. However, I have a strong sense that my blog is supposed to take a turn in its "mission". Rather than babble about how I'm doing or all the boring activities in my day, I want to use this as a way to receive and provide encouragement to and from you all.
The ways I plan to do this are:

1. Continually referencing scripture to keep us all reminded of the Lord
2. Having all of us share specific prayer requests and then telling about how the Lord answers them.
3. Giving any insight or word that you feel the Lord wants to encourage us with, either from the Bible or some other source.

My desire is for my life and everything in it (including my blog!) to reflect the glory of God. As of this moment, this seems like a wonderful way for us to somewhat stay in touch with one another and to constantly be building each other up in brotherly love. If this is something you guys are at all interested in, please leave a comment and let me know! I would love to hear your thoughts!

May the Lord bless and keep all of you!
Pressing onward,
Hannah


"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord." Eph. 5:19
Singing is such a splendid shield against the fiery darts of the devil because it helps us to forget him, and he cannot endure being forgotten. He likes us to be occupied with him, with what he is doing (our temptations), with his victories (our falls), and with anything but our glorious Lord. So sing! Never be afraid of singing too much. We are much more likely to sing too little. May God make us a singing company! ~Edges of His Ways

1 comment:

hunts said...

Hooray a post! :) hehe Wow! Thanks for sharing girl! And THANK YOU for having us over last night! That was an incredible time:) LOVE YOU and will be checking for posts often :) God Bless you girl
~ferf