Saturday, July 2, 2011

i'm home!

Well, I'm back! 14 hour flight and a 6 hour time change...I am feeling wonderful!
Hahah ok that was a joke. This time change is kinda rough. Virginia is 6 hours ahead of Hawaiian time, so yea, its about 12:30 in the morning here, but I am completely wired, because it's only like 6 something there! I slept until 1 this afternoon, and definitely could have continued, but my mama woke me up because she knew I wouldn't be able to sleep at all tonight if I kept sleeping :)

I will be sharing lots more about Hawaii and such later, but I probably should at least try to sleep a bit tonight.....

But it was unlike anything I have ever experienced. I feel so different. Like a whole new person. It's funny what traveling to the other side of the country can do... you discover what a big world it really is out there. And that's huge for me. I have lived here in Chesapeake, Virginia for my entire 18 years. And we aren't really big travellers or anything, so we rarely go anywhere. So to go to Hawaii, just me and my friends, for over a week...yeah, it's crazy! Whenever I would tell people it was just us three, their eyes would like pop open and the first thing they would say is, "Wow! Your parents like just sent you guys here?!" Hahaha yes, yes they did :) But I wasn't scared at all. You figure out who you are as your own person away from your parents. And sadly, yes, that can turn out into a sad situation for some kids. But God is faithful, and throughout the whole trip, I just kept remembering who I am... I am in Christ.

I already miss Hawaii more than I can say.

Ever feel like you just belong somewhere? Yeah, that's how I am feeling right now. The only reason I was even remotely excited about getting on that plane yesterday was because I missed my family. I think I belong in Hawaii. It's just so perfect for me, it's really hard to explain. So many little things about it that remind me of myself... the sunsets. the laid back life style of the people there, the country, the beach, the mountains, the flowers, the little shops, all the runners, the street side cafes...so many things that I have always loved. It blew my mind to see them all in one place!
So, we shall see. I think I have always been afraid to go after legitimate dreams like this. You know? Like admitting defeat even before beginning. Yes, there are definitely set backs to living in Hawaii. Its real expensive, extremely far, and all new! But at the same time, it's awesome to think of it actually happening. I am just beaming even as I wrote that sentence. With God, ALL thing are possible! Even leading Hannah Leilani to Hawaii. Its neat to think that this might all be apart of His plan...me falling in love with Hawaii.

So please keep praying! I am so incredibly excited about life right now. And I feel so much peace. For the first time in a very long time, I am content to just walk before the Lord, and not worry about every minuscule detail of my entire life at the same time. The anxiety about finding the right guy right now = no more :) The nursing stress= will soon be done. It will start up again  August 22nd and I will graduate April 15th. The worry about money, getting a car, and finding a job= it's all in the Lord's hands! HE IS SO FAITHFUL TO ME! He has never once let me down, and I have never in my life ever known need. He has always provided for me. Why would he stop now?

I will post again soon! Lots of Hawaii pictures to come! Oh, and I am leaving on the 8th to go work on my Aunt's farm up in Loudon County, Va for a month, so prayers would be appreciated! I am BEYOND EXCITED! I'm gonna see if I've got what it takes to be a real country girl ;)

Love you all! Praying for you! Seriously. You know that little tracker thing I have at the bottom of my blog? I use that to see who to pray for :) May the peace of Christ be with you! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.


here's a little preview of Hawaii pictures...more to come!











No comments: