Friday, June 3, 2011

at long last...

Well, tomorrow is the first of two graduations!
Hard to believe really. It still seems and feels so far away... being done with high school. Like I'm just still stuck in the mindset of "only 98 more school days" or "I can't wait until Christmas!" Seems like forever ago that I walked through the doors of Great Bridge High for the first time.

I wish I could open up and just pour out my heart like I normally can when I sit down to blog. But for some reason, the words just aren't coming right now. And I guess that's okay.

But thank you all for the support and prayers along the way. The Lord has been so good to me. I feel blessed to be part of an unseen community of bloggers. Feel free to pray for me as I finish out this week! I have two huge assignments, and finals, and studying...all that jazz ;)

May the peace of our Lord go with you all! Enjoy your night.
With love,
Hannah


Thought some of you might enjoy reading this...it's the bio I wrote to go in the graduation program:


Wow. Is this real? Am I actually graduating? I can’t even believe it. Seriously, I can’t even express how excited and thankful I am for today! God is so good to me!! I could seriously scream I’m so excited!



So yes, I’m Hannah! I love Jesus, my family, friends, church, country music, gardening, fiddling, writing, running, eating healthy, hunting, gerber daisies, cooking/baking in the kitchen, singing with my sisters, reading, shooting, and going to the beach…. just to name a few!


I will be continuing my pursuit of nursing this coming fall, and will be graduating as an LPN in April! Afterwards, I will attend TCC to get my associates, and then transfer to another college to get my BSN and then go on to become a Nurse Practitioner! I want to specialize in pediatrics or obstetrics, and am eager to travel overseas for missions! However, my heart and my passion truly lie in my music, so I am thinking about pursuing the study of music therapy as well! But no matter what road I go down with nursing, I just want my patients to know that they are loved and that Someone is there for them… and that Someone is Jesus!


As this new and exciting part of my story begins to unfold, my daily prayer remains the same: I want to be salt and light to a dark, broken and hurting world. Yes, even I can make a difference! But this is only possible because of Jesus. He alone is my joy, my strength and my song...and I want my life to bring Him ALL the glory!


Thank you to everyone who has stood with me through this journey! Without your faithful prayers, encouragement, and God’s strength, I wouldn’t be here today. So thank you with all my heart! I love you all!


“I want to live so fully in the Spirit that all my thought may be as sweet incense ascending to Thee and every act of my life may be an act of worship!”


-A.W. Tozer






2 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful beautiful inside and out <3

Rachel said...

I am so excited for you Hannah!!! You've stuck with it and it's almost over...but then you'll start on a whole new journey. An exciting one, full of twists and turns and unexpected surprises. That's so cool that you might go into pediatrics or obstetrics - that's what I want to do too or possibly neonatal. I'll probably get my BSN but I'm not thinking of going further than that right now). Even though I don't know you at all and I've not been following your blog for that long, I feel like God's put you in my life as an encouragment. Blessings on your big days ahead!! Love, Rachel <3